Thursday, August 15, 2013

Grandpa Bingham's letter to his family

July 2013 

Dear Family,

I have always thought that prior to dying I would have the opportunity

to take each child aside and have an interview with them. Unfortunately,

this has not been possible so I will try to write what will cover two very

important principle of the gospel for each child and grandchild.

Each of you will make mistakes as I have. Fortunately, no matter what

mistake we might make, there is a way for complete forgiveness through the

gift of the atonement from our Savior, Jesus Christ. The second principle is

charity, the pure love of Christ. I encourage you to read Moroni Chapter 7

Versus 45, 46 and 47. The key verse is 47 it reads “but charity is the pure

love of Christ, and it endureth forever: and whoso is found possessed of it at

the last day, it shall be well with him. I pray with all my heart that every

member of our family will be there in the celestial kingdom and not a chair

will be empty. I know that you know what you must do to make this glorious

day come to pass.

My testimony of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is firm

and strong. I have always believed with all my heart and can truthfully say

the older I get my testimony gets stronger. In my last days of mortality I am

anxious to cross over to the other side so I can meet with my family again

and all those who have departed prior to this time. I know they will be there

to greet me. I pray that our family will eventually be complete in the

Celestial Kingdom with no empty chairs.

I love you.


No comments:

Post a Comment